This year I’m unusually early crocheting (and designing) my first Christmas ornaments. It’s all got to do with my 6 (nearly 7) year old who is obsessed with Christmas. And it’s contagious! I mean, what’s not to like about lovely lights, warmth and coziness and good food! Next week our Nordmann Christmas tree will be delivered and we’re ready!
The K-Christmas tree
This crocheted Christmas tree is very versatile. You could make a wall-hanging out of it, or crochet several trees and make a Christmas bunting. Or you could hang them in your Christmas tree.
Don’t hesitate to play around with colours!
As an extra, totally in the holiday spirit, I made a free PDF available in my Ravelry shop.
I used a 4mm hook and Durable cosy fine in Dark Mint ( 2133 ).
- Round 1: Mr, ch 2 , 12 dc in ring, slst in 1st dc (12)
- Round 2: Ch 2, 2 dc in ea dc around, slst in 1st dc. (24)
- Round 3: Ch 2, *dc in next 3 sts, 2 dc in next st* Rep ** till end, slst in 1st dc
- Round 4: Ch 2 *dc, 2dc, dc, 2dc, ch1, sk1 * Rep ** 5 times, slst in 3rd ch. Cut off yarn.
- Round 5: Attach yarn with a slst in any ch1-sp, ch 3, dc in same sp, ch 3, 2 dc in same ch-sp, *7 ch, sc in next ch1-sp, ch 7 # [2dc, ch3, 2dc] in next ch1-sp* Rep **1x, rep *# 1x, slst in ch-3.
- Round 6: Slst in next dc, slst in ch3-sp, ch 3, dc, ch 3, 2 dc in same sp *ch 6, 2 sc in next ch7- sp, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next ch7- sp, ch 6 # (2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc) in next ch3- sp. Rep ** 1x, Rep *#1x, slst in ch-3.
- Round 7: Slst in next dc, slst in ch3-sp, ch 3, dc, ch 6, picot in 3rd ch from hook, ch 3, 2 dc in same sp *ch 5, 3 sc in next ch6-sp, sc in ea of next 5 sc’s, 3 sc in next ch6-sp, ch 5 # (2dc, ch 3, 2dc) in next ch3-sp. Rep ** 1x, Rep *# 1x, slst in ch3. Cut off yarn.
- Trunk: Att yarn to the 1st of the centre 5 sts of the bottom and sc 5, turn, *ch 1 and 5 sc* Rep **1x . Cut off yarn. Weave in ends
Block the tree. I used a bit of starch.
You’ve just made a beautiful Christmas tree! Please follow me on Instagram and share a photo of your work using #kchristmastree and #knotsosquare That would please me greatly!!